Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Setuid programs run from shell scripts?

From: fred () nasirc hq nasa gov (Fred Blonder)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 11:11:17 -0500

        From: Julian Assange <proff () suburbia apana org au>

                .

        Of course, to make things really interesting, we could have n files,
        comprised of n-1 setuid/setgid scripts and 1 setuid/setgid binary, with
        each script calling the next as its #! argument and the last calling the
        binary. ;-)

The '#!' exec-hack does not work recursively.  I just tried it under SunOs 4.1.3
It generated no diagnostics and exited with status 0, but it also didn't execute
the target binary.

I suppose that fact that it didn't barf with an ENOEXEC or similar error
qualifies as a bug.