Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: BUGTRAQ ALERT: Solaris 2.x vulnerability

From: cross () math psu edu (Dan Cross)
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 08:14:24 -0400

[bloop]  (Scott, if you think it's worth
posting the code for this let me know) and any of the other things that
stash files in /tmp can be attacked. Neil.

It seems that the code is almost trivial since most programs such as these
tend to operate along the same lines and we have already seen Scott's code...
:-)  However, an extremely worthwhile thing to post would be a list of setuid
programs which make use of /tmp and are exploitable in the same manner.  Or,
rather, potentially exploitable...

Does anyone have such a thing?

        - Dan C.