Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: BUGTRAQ ALERT: Solaris 2.x vulnerability

From: alx () CS bgu ac il (Alexander L. Haiut)
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 11:54:21 +0200

On Tue, 15 Aug 1995, Brian Perkins wrote:

I found that the program would not work if I tried to put the root shell in
my home dir, which was mounted via NFS.I tried fo half an hour.
If I tried moving it to /tmp, it worked within a minute, a couple of times.

        Don't you think it's because your home dir mounted via NFS is
        mounted with "nosuid" option ? Just an idea, no more.. :)