Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Various Solaris 2.3 file permission problems

From: tdarcos () access digex net (Paul Robinson)
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 1995 03:01:40 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Jan 1995, Frank Stuart wrote:

Various Solaris2.3, file permission problems

I for one would like to come out and thank Mr. Stuart for his forthright
description of the problem.  His description was well-nigh perfect from
the concerns that people could have:

(1) He described exactly what the problem is
(2) He described what was wrong
(3) He described a fix for the problem
(4) His description is not so obvious that it creates a "drop in" program
    that allows someone to win a race and become root.

I think his message was well nigh perfect of the type of information that
this list was designed for, without making things much too easy for
someone who doesn't have the entire picture, but clear enough to allow
people to see what needs to be fixed.