Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Non-PK encryption not vulnerable via low key length?!

From: sob () academ com (Stan Barber)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 12:29:35 CST

Most of the texts I have read indicate that Triple-DES does overcome the
weakness in DES. The weaknesses I have read about indicate that most of
the problem is with the relatively small key size. These same texts indicate
that the restrictions placed on the keysizes in exportable version of RC2 and
RC4 make them relatively easy to break quickly and therefore useless for long
term protection of sensitive information transmitted electronically.

--
Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: sob () academ com
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: bcm!academ!sob