Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Satan_doc on Solaris 2.3

From: blymn () awadi com AU (Brett Lymn)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 13:16:19 +1030 (CST)

According to Peter Edward Voss:

Has anyone else run into similar problems with perl5
on Solaris,

Not with perl5, but in perl4 the numbers for the socket stuff was
wrong because Sun in their infinite wisdom changed the defines for the
socket types.

and if so could someone enlighten me with
the necessary patch ?

update socket.ph so it looks like this:

    eval 'sub SOCK_STREAM {2;}';
    eval 'sub SOCK_DGRAM {1;}';
    eval 'sub SOCK_RAW {4;}';
    eval 'sub SOCK_RDM {5;}';
    eval 'sub SOCK_SEQPACKET {6;}';

This worked for me with 4.036 on Solaris.

--
"It's fifteen hundred miles to Ankh-Morpork" he said.  "We've got
three hundred and sixty three elephants, fifty carts of forage, the