Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: R. Thomas's NFS question

From: andy () btc uwe ac uk (andy () btc uwe ac uk)
Date: Wed, 10 May 95 11:51:38 BST

Robert Owen Thomas wrote :-

yes, this is true.  however, as Patrick and i have been discussing offline,
this is *not* the case with Linux.  er...actually, it *is* the case with
Linux unless you start mountd with a certain flag.  if you do start mountd

 can we have some full disclosure please ^^^^^^^^^^

with the proper flag, Linux will re-export an imported filesystem!  ugh.
i spoke with a comrade, and he stated that this was a hack, inserted into
the Linux mountd code, by a (his words) "rogue programmer".  now, as for

at least we have the source so we can "de-rogue" it. Pointers to the code
in question would be useful.

       ____
       \__ \  __________________.__.
        /   \ \_  __ \_  __ \   |  |