Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [8lgm]-Advisory-22.UNIX.syslog.2-Aug-1995

From: neil () legless demon co uk (Neil Woods)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 03:29:08 +0100

3) Rampant hacking would ensue.

As for vulnerability, I believe both FreeBSD and Linux have fixes
available.

libc4.7.2 fixed it in May. I had assumed that their fix and log in the
libc was what had sparked the alert.. ah well wrong again 8)

Alan

Never looked at linux code, is libc BSD or a total rewrite?

Cheers,

Neil
--
Let the Mystery Be, So Watcha Want, Longing In Their Hearts, Hate My Way,
M-Bike, Safari, Uncle June and Aunt Kiyoti, Daisy Dead Petals, Tuff Gnarl.

     ...like a badger with an afro throwing sparklers at the Pope...