Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: unsubscribing from a mail storm

From: michael.james () canberra edu au (Michael James)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 11:45:13 +1000

Hello,

We have a perl-script called unsubscribe.
We run it as we take down student accounts at the end of term.

Basically it goes through a mailbox looking for mailgroup mail,
 then it tries to figure out which listserver manages the list
 and forges a suitable unsubscribe message.

It's rough but it's written,
 if it is likely to be useful to anyone; mail me for a copy.

    Michael James                    michael.james () canberra edu au
  IT Development and Integration,  University of Canberra, Australia

   Lets face it: even if we had complete leisure and infinite money
We would never find anything as interesting as the internet to work on