Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: /etc/shells (was Re: procmail)

From: dugsong () umich edu (Douglas Song)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 18:06:11 -0400

On Thu, 8 Aug 1996, Sam Quigley wrote:

As I see it, to create a system like this, we need a new adduser script;
other than this, each program that is to be enabled or disabled (chsh,
procmail, etc.) needs modification...  Assuming that there is not
already a system like this in place, I'd like to volunteer to draft a
standard and proof-of-concept set of tools.

Seems to me you could accomplish this with the existing PAM API - see
http://gluon.physics.ucla.edu/~morgan/pam/ for info. But I digress.

Send mail to pam-list-request () redhat com to subscribe to a more
appropriate list for this discussion...

---
Douglas Song dugsong@{umich.edu,monkey.org}
University of Michigan ITD GPCC Unix Services
www: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~dugsong
keyid: C2263445 fingerprint: BF F5 20 EA DA 2F C4 F4  7D 68 4A 50 E4 35 D1 17