Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: CERT/AUCERT

From: hhui () stardot net (Tung-Hui Hu)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 21:23:05 -0500

I used to be bitter about this because I've never had [Acronyms here]
officially recognize me, despite some pretty obvious "redistribution".
After I complained CERT sent me e-mail to the effect of o thank you,
sorry it must have slipped our mind. AUSCERT's policy seems to be that
since BUGTRAQ advisories are "public domain"[1] it is hard to tell if the
person is the author or just someone passing it along. Valid point
but still rather bloody-minded towards intellectual capital. SGI really
doesn't care one way or another. Still, in the grand scheme of things
setuid bug #429873 will just fade into oblivion.

Sorry about the noise.

Tung-Hui Hu, Arc Four. hhui () arcfour com

[1] - Imagine using some sort of licensing scheme on these things..