Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: identd hole?

From: jacob () esisys com (Jacob Langseth)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 15:28:59 -0400

running on several Slackware 3.0 machines (all of the vulnerabilities that
I am aware of are fixed on those, but this one is new for me).

Are you absolutely certain that you have a) replaced in.telnetd w/ a
fixed version or b) have a statically compiled wrapper around /bin/login
to clean the environment of unwanted variables?  The description of the
attack leads me to strongly beleive he's attacking w/ the LD_PRELOAD bug.

Curious,
Jacob
--
Jacob Langseth                          -=-finger for PGP key-=-
Enhanced Systems, Inc.                  email:  jacob () esisys com