Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: your mail

From: hdogan () student math hr (Hrvoje Dogan)
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 08:01:20 METDST

Hi!

We are trying to set up the Enhanced Security option in a BSD Ultrix
System 4.3a.
Everything goes well, but now we can only su from console. Is there any
workaround for this ?. The system administration  tasks aren't  carried
out  by a single persone so we must be able to log in from network
ttys, but we don 't want to make every tty secure.
Any ideas? A group like sun's wheel would be of help.

Edit /etc/ttys and put "secure" at the end of entry for each tty from
which you want to enable su.

---
     |    Hrvoje Dogan, Math student, Uni of Zagreb, Croatia   |
     | email:hdogan () student math hr | helpdesk () student math hr |