Bugtraq mailing list archives

NT Password Cracker

From: Bernd.Lehle () RUS Uni-Stuttgart DE (Bernd Lehle)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 14:50:29 +0100

Hi there,

http://www.omna.com/Yes/MWC/PRS-index.htm MWC offers a commercial
service to "recover" a lost Windows NT (all Versions) administrator
password at "Any level of the Password Complexity".

The whole thing takes four hours on four Pentium-200s and costs about
$US 4,500.

Comparing this against my experiences with Crack and crypt on UNIX-
platforms, I have to conclude that NT password encryption must be
ridiculous if this offer is true.

Does anybody have details ?

--
Bernd Lehle - Stuttgart University Computer Center * A supercomputer <
     Visualization / Security / Astrophysics       * is a machine    <