Bugtraq mailing list archives

Latest IE FIX from MS is a HOAX

From: pokee () MAXWELL EE WASHINGTON EDU (Aaron Spangler)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 12:45:04 PST

The Latest Internet Explorer Security Patch from Microsoft is a HOAX.

I just installed the latest Internet Explorer Released by Microsoft Today
(IE 3.02 - Mar25).  It seems it is still COMPLETELY vulnerable to Bugs
#4,#5 released earlier in the month even though it claims to fix them!!!

Is Microsoft lying when they say it fixes the latest bugs?

Try it our yourself.  Download IE 3.02 from MS, and
try it on one of the sites

 #4 http://www.ee.washington.edu/computing/iebug/  (For NT only)
 #5 http://www.efsl.com/security/ntie/             (For NT only)

I have not even check bug #6 for win95, but it still may be vulnerable.
 #6  http://www.security.org.il/msnetbreak/  (bug#6 for Win95)

 - Aaron

--
Aaron Spangler                 EE Unix System Administrator
Electrical Engineering FT-10        pokee () ee washington edu