Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: MIT Kerberos V5 R1.0.2 is released

From: mmokrejs () prfdec natur cuni cz (Martin Mokrejs)
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 18:59:33 +0100

On Thu, 6 Nov 1997, Erwin J. van Eijk wrote:

       FTP to athena-dist.mit.edu, in /pub/kerberos.  Get the file
       README.KRB5-1.0.2.  It will contain instructions on how to
       obtain the 1.0.2 release.

Is there any brilliant way to get it overseas to Europe? (Less
brilliant is equally good...)

Can you downgrade to KerberosIV ?;-) It have some features as Kerberos5,
and is free! ;-)
Look at: http://www.pdc.kth.se/kth-krb/

and for heimdal(FREE Kerberos5): http://www.pdc.kth.se/heimdal/

HEIMDAL is a free implementation of Kerberos 5. The goals are to:

   * have an implementation that can be freely used outside of the
     United States

   * be protocol compatible with existing implementations and, if not in
     conflict, with RFC 1510 (and any future updated RFC)

   * be somewhat compatible with the M.I.T Kerberos V5 API

   * have support for kerberosV5 over GSS-API

   * include the most important and useful application programs (rsh,
     telnet, popper, etc.)

This initial pre-version is mostly compatible with the M.I.T
implementation, as well as DCE secd. The library is at least not totally
different from the M.I.T `libkrb5'.

Grtz
EJ
--
| Erwin J.  van Eijk |
| eijk () acm org       | Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse deldam

| Martin MOKREJS - Net&SysAdmin                                         |
| PGP 5.0i key at: finger://mail.natur.cuni.cz/mmokrejs                 |
| mmokrejs () natur cuni cz   Faculty of Science, The Charles University   |
| tel.: +420-2-2195 2315   Albertov 6, PRAGUE 2, 128 43, Czech Republic |