Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: APC UPS PowerChute PLUS exploit...

From: mouse () RODENTS MONTREAL QC CA (der Mouse)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 15:41:29 -0400

I'm sure there are far more possible explits than this ...
Don't run PowerChute, it seems.

Anyone know of a good replacement for use with an APC BackUPS ?

Someone called Simon J. Gerraty has a bunch of stuff that might be of
some use.  I don't recall whether the BackUPS series are "smart
signaling" or "dumb signaling", but if they're the former, it likely
will work.

See http://www.quick.com.au/sjg/apcmon.html for more.  (In particular,
you may want to read .../sjg/apc.html, which documents the results of
some experiments I did.)

                                        der Mouse

                               mouse () rodents montreal qc ca