Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Security Hole in Axent ESM

From: steve () ZONEOFTRUST COM (Steve McBride)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 09:30:55 -0700

Remember that ESM is a security policy enforcement tool, not a security
hole "finder" (for lack of a better word)...  While these two subjects are
for the most part one and the same, all you have to do is tell ESM that,
for instance, your policy gives a umask of 022 as the suggested value, and
it won't tell you to change them.

Look through the product a little more, and take some time to develop a
custom policy, rather than using the generic Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
thing, and I bet you'll find it a much more useful product.

Regards,
Steve McBride