Bugtraq mailing list archives

New Eudora bug ?

From: patrick () PINE NL (Patrick Oonk)
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 18:19:41 +0200

http://www.nytimes.com/library/tech/98/08/biztech/articles/07email-code.html

SAN FRANCISCO -- Just days after a serious security flaw was revealed in two
popular electronic mail programs, an equally troubling vulnerability has been
discovered in Eudora, the most widely used of all e-mail software.

The Eudora flaw makes it possible for a malicious computer user with little or
no programming expertise to booby-trap an e-mail message by inserting a
seemingly harmless link to an Internet location that in fact executes
malignant code. This could permit an attacker to destroy or steal data or to
otherwise tamper with a personal computer.

--
| Patrick Oonk -    http://patrick.mypage.org/  - patrick () pine nl |
| Pine Internet B.V.           Consultancy, installatie en beheer |