Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: YA Apache DoS attack

From: dgaudet-list-bugtraq () ARCTIC ORG (Dean Gaudet)
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 16:52:02 -0700

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav wrote:

BTW, how can the Apache team be stupid enough not to provide a way of
submitting problem reports by email? If they did, I'd've sent this to
them first and given them a week, but they don't and I'm too friggin'
lazy to use their web interface...

We don't provide an email interface because lusers never provide enough
information in email, they barely provide enough information to diagnose a
bug when you force them to fill in a form.

There was a list floating around here on bugtraq which lists
security () apache org as our contact address for security issues.  And it
would have taken you half a moment to find one of the contributor's
addresses.  Thanks for your assistance in giving us no time to respond.

Dean