Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: netscape mail overflow(another one)

From: brett () LARIAT ORG (Brett Glass)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 23:49:04 -0600

It makes perfect sense that any header field could overflow a limited buffer.
I'd assumed that developers would have the sense to check ALL of the buffers
used to store headers, but maybe this should be pointed out to them, just to
make sure.

We may see exploits based on bugs in UUDECODE and BinHex decoders in mailers
as well. I'm sure they're there given the overall low quality of the code
that these companies are generating (sigh).

--Brett Glass