Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: IRIX 6.2 passwordless accounts exploit?

From: khawkins () NCSA UIUC EDU (Kevin Hawkins)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:51:35 -0500

HP-UX exhibits the same behavior.  Actually, when I questioned this
behavior on comp.sys.hp.hpux a while back (look for the subject
"Better remote access denial than securetty?" through DejaNews if
you're interested), the only response I got took the approach that
it was more of a feature than a bug.  But I didn't think the arguments
given were a strong enough case against just dropping root login
attempts that weren't at the console.

So maybe the vendors don't see it as a bug?  I certainly do.

                Kevin