Bugtraq mailing list archives

Security Configuration Editor info

From: paulle () MICROSOFT COM (Paul Leach)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 13:53:05 -0700

Since I said that SCE could be used to fix the ProfileList bug that Mnemonix
reported, I got a private request asking where more information about SCE
(Security Configuration Editor) could be found -- they'd tried the usual
places.

I think they changed the name since SP4 to "Security Configuration Manager",
but I called it SCE becaue most people know it by the old name, since that's
what it was called in SP4. I did a search on that exact phrase at
www.microsoft.com and got a lot of hits, the first one was

http://www.microsoft.com/NTServer/security/techdetails/prodarch/securconfig.
asp
<http://www.microsoft.com/NTServer/security/techdetails/prodarch/securconfig
.asp>

which looks pretty good. In general, a good place to look for security info
on MS products is

http://www.microsoft.com/security/Resources/whitepapers.as
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/Resources/whitepapers.asp> p

Paul