Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: ICQ Webserver bug

From: rousseau () GLOBETROTTER QC CA (Kaven Rousseau)
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 19:30:18 -0400

At 08:45 1999-04-08 -0400, you wrote:
Well, my box was win 98, and the remote box I tested it against was
win 95.  Didn't have anyone running NT handy to test against.  However,
another person I corresponded with who was testing this did get it to
drop a 95 box, but not every time.  Did it every time for me; but there's
apparently other factors that contribute as well.

--
Ron Jarrell
VA Tech Computing Center

I try to test this on my NT box ( NT server 4.00.1381, Sevice pack 3 ) and I
could not reproduce the error. I've used ICQ Version 99a Beta v.2.13 Build
1700. It would be beneficial if Ron Jarrell or Jan Vogelgesang, explained
the procedure that they carried out to arrive to the error detailedly.

Best regards, Jose.

I tested it against my own win98 box with IE5 final (english) result: I was
vulnerable.
My friend with win98 and ie4 (french) result: vulnerable
An other friend with win98 and IE5 (french) result: vulnerable

we were all using ICQ99a build 1700

Method used:
telnet to port 80
send: QUIT <LF>