Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: ARP problem in Windows9X/NT

From: gandalf () POBOX COM (gandalf () POBOX COM)
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:07:53 -0400

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 route () RESENTMENT INFONEXUS COM wrote:
[kay wrote]
| I started writing that proggie with plain syscalls, but it would only run
| on Linux, so I modified one of the examples in Route's Libnet 0.9 to do
| the stuff. I haven't tested it yes since I don't have LAN at home...

    Didn't test your code.  Rolled my from the same libnet example, and it
    does work against NT and 95/98.

Your code, humerously enough, was almost exactly the same as mine, I was
even using libnet.  However neither your code nor mine causes more than
one messagebox to appear on my NT4 sp4 machine.

I actually tried this a month or two ago, and gave up since it seemed to
have no effect on NT, I swear at the time I tested 95 and 98 too.  Looking
at it again, both your code and mine _do_ have the multi-messagebox effect
on a 95B machine,

Unfortunetly i don't have a 98 to test on, or an non sp4 NT machines.  For
those who have gotten it to work on NT, what sp level was NT at?
BTW, this is all from linux 2.2.5.

-chris

Christopher Rogers      Stevens Institute of Technology
gandalf () pobox com       http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf

If at first you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment.