Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: FlowPoint DSL router vulnerability

From: budke () BUDKE COM (Eric Budke)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 07:19:33 -0400

At 12:07 PM 8/7/99 -0400, Scott Drassinower wrote:
It involves a bug that allows a password recovery feature to be utilized
from the LAN or WAN instead of just the serial console port.

Basically, throwing enough 6 digit numbers at a pre-3.0.8 router will
allow you to get access to the box to do whatever you want.  It appears as
if the problem started in 3.0.4, but I am not totally certain about that.

So the vulnerability is essentially a brute force against telnet/snmp?
Assuming you filter those out, is there another way of accessing?

--
 Scott M. Drassinower                                       scottd () cloud9 net
 Cloud 9 Consulting, Inc.                                    White Plains, NY