Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: FlowPoint DSL router vulnerability

From: chris () INTRAACTIVE COM (Chris J Burris)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 01:23:38 -0400

Verified using tcpdump, the flowpoint configuration manager indeed does
use SNMP to communicate, hence the simple solution would be turn off
SNMP [And telnet] (you shouldn't be running this if you don't need to
anyway).

Although it does discourage me that even after I flashed my router to
v3.0.8, the login prompt [for Telnet]does not disconnect me after a
certain number of retries (3, like Cisco IOS, would be a decent number).

Regards,

Chris J Burris
IntraACTIVE, Inc.
http://www.intraactive.com/