Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Secuity hole with perl (suidperl) and nosuid mounts on Linux

From: roberto () EUROCONTROL FR (Ollivier Robert)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 11:13:24 +0100

According to Jan B. Koum:
             nosuid Do not allow set-user-identifier or
             set-group-identifier bits to take effect.  Note: this option
             is worthless if a public available suid or sgid wrapper like
             suidperl(1) is installed on your system.

As I saif to Jan on freebsd-security, I submitted a patch to perl5-porters
before 5.004_04 but it was not included in the mainstream Perl because
1. it was too close to release and 2. it was FreeBSD-specific.

The fix to this bug/feature has been incorporated in FreeBSD's perl5 port
and in the /usr/src/contrib-uted version of Perl since before 2.2.7 so
FreeBSD users neeed not to worry about that.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- Eurocontrol EEC/TS -=- Ollivier.Robert () eurocontrol fr
The Postman hits! The Postman hits! You have new mail.