Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: linuxconf doesn't seem to deal correctly with /etc/pam.d/reboot

From: marcelo () MENDOZA GOV AR (Marcelo Roccasalva)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:56:49 -0300

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 11:32:14PM +0100, Domingos Bruges wrote:
Greetings you all,

I'm not sure that what I'm about the say does really work, but i've
tested it successfully in 3 RedHat 6.0 boxes with (1.14 - subrev 4).

If you use linuxconf  in order to create / edit any user
system priviledges, you may notice that if you set a user to have Denied
priviledges on the shutdown command he can stil be able to reboot / shutdown it.
It seems that linuxconf isn't dealing correctly with /etc/pam.d/reboot

Linuxconf shutdown options has to do with shutting down the system from it's
graphical interface or with linuxconf --shutdown. It doesn't deal with
distribution specific way of limitting shutdown... maybe it should, anyway...

--
Marcelo