Bugtraq mailing list archives

Bug in IRC services

From: ldbox () MAIL UA PT (Leal Duarte)
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 03:32:30 -0000

Hello,
        I Just like make clear, that this bug was specific to PTnet
IRCDs. It doesn't afect any other network so it wasn't reported here
by us.
This bug was reported to us by our ircops team that detected Fractal
Guru attempts, and stopped him.
        Only now we were informed that it was wrongly reported here,
for that our apologies.

Leal Duarte / Ptnet Rob_
PTnet's coding team.

The bug in our network wasn't in the services code, it was a ircd bug,
that was fixed as soon as we have the report of the problem.

The abuse done was small, some getpass commands and forbid's, all
recovered by us after the incident from the data in the services
command log.

If anyone want the details to avoid the same problem, i'll gladly answer.

Pedro Ribeiro / PTnet PAntMaR