Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Linux /usr/bin/gnuplot overflow

From: marc () SUSE DE (Marc Heuse)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 23:03:23 +0100

Hi!

/etc/rc.config and set PERMISSION_SECURITY="paranoid". That way gnuplot

warning, warning.

permissions.paranoid is not supported by SuSE --- it was contributed
by me. It only fixes the problems that SuSE 5.0 had. When I have
some time again, I will do the same work with a full install of
SuSE 6.0.

this is true but not bad. This just means that there are no additional
programs which get the suid bit. thats okay ;-)

At least without clear information from SuSE that /etc/permissions.paranoid
is uptodate, I would not count on it to be _absolutely_ paranoid.
After all, you are supposed to do your homeworks yourself, too :)

Also, for it to work, it needs a few things, such as an ``xok'' group,
etc, look at the start of that file.

no. I "xok" "trusted" etc. groups are now part of the standard SuSE
distribution

Greets,
        Marc
--
  Marc Heuse, S.u.S.E. GmbH, Schanzaeckerstr. 10, 90443 Nuernberg
  E@mail: marc () suse de      Function: Security Support & Auditing