Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: solaris DoS

From: plasmoid () PIMMEL COM (plasmoid deep/thc/clb)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:46:23 +0200

Tested on Solaris 2.6 using a simple listen/accept server, as well as
with sendmail 8.9.3.

I verified this DoS even on Solaris 2.7 Sparc and Solaris 2.7 Intel by
using a service on a privilegded port (ssh2) and on a non-priviledged
port (eggdrop-1.3.28).

I worked with Sun a while ago on this problem, and they have released
patch 105529-07 (for sparc) and 105530 (for x86).  According to the patch
readme, the problem is with a recursive mutex_enter on the TCP streams
driver.

I was unable to find patches for the Solaris 2.7 edition, i can only hope
they exist and I was too stoned to find them.

regards,
plasmoid

[THC]  The Hacker`s Choice - Internet & Communication Security - thc.pimmel.com
get my public PGP key for any mailexchange: [ finger plasmoid () public lanck ru ]