Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: More fun with WWWBoard

From: speed () LINUX DPILINK COM (Speed)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:50:38 -0400

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Patrick Oonk wrote:

Matt Wright is one of the worst, but check out
http://www.ultimatebb.com/home/firsttimeinstall.html for a few
good laughs:

You know... alot of people here give Matt Write a hard time.  On the one
hand, yeah, wwwboard is insecure.  But maybe he simply doesn't have time
to deal with it anymore.

Just accept that it is insecure / incomplete, and perhaps use one of the
other various web boards that are now available.  Matt Wright's was one of
the first useable web boards, and it was the spark for others that were
developed since then.

No, I wouldn't recommend using wwwboard, but I think we should lighten up
a little because his original contribution was in good faith.  And others
have picked up where he left off.