Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: RUS-CERT Advisory 200004-01: GNU Emacs 20

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU (Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:26:17 -0400

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:47:35 PDT, Dan Harkless <dan-bugtraq () DILVISH SPEED NET>  said:
                RUS-CERT Advisory 200004-01: GNU Emacs 20

* We do not know if these vulnerabilities also apply to XEmacs.

This about sums it up.  The advisory *was* seen on the XEmacs developer's
list.  It's still unclear whether the XEmacs support for Unix98 pty's
has the same problems as the Emacs version.  I'll make sure there's
a follow-up as soon as there's more concrete information.

                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst
                                Virginia Tech