Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: cache cookies?

From: James Taylor <jhtaylor () BIGFOOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 01:59:45 -0500

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 01:17:53AM +0100, Szilveszter Adam wrote:
        <snips excellent content>

I would suggest instead that disk caches normally not be used, because then
at least these cache items would not be persistent across sessions but
provide the necessary boost during the session using memory cache. This is
only a partial solution but if you close the browser often enough (which
you should do anyway if you visited a sensitive site because of possible
cross-site scripting problems) then it is not as bad. It is possible with
Netscape, I do not know if it is under IE or Opera.

One nit to pick.  Disk cache is necessary in Netscape for printing.
Stupid, yes.  Also a convenience most users want.

-J