Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: WebSitePro/2.3.18 is revealing Webdirectories

From: tsx () NETSCAPE NET (Chris)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 23:35:01 MET

At 19:35 12.01.2000 -0800, Lark Lizerman wrote:

WebSite Pro is also revealing the webdirectory of each Website by a simple
command line.
This bug is similar to the "IIS revealing webdirectories" bug reported on
bugtraq.
On WebSitePro the diference ist the way you retrieve the path.

Every version of website (1.x, 2.x) I've ever seen behaves like this in
standard configuration. However you can avoid the revealing of webdirectories
by installing either one of two freely available WSAPI extensions which then
send out custom 404, 403 and 401 messages.

For more information see

http://software.oreilly.com/techsupport/kb/
website_kb_article_display_frame.cfm?ID_KBArticle=102
(url is wrapped!)

btw: there is a similar tool for coldfusion called infusion but I can't find
the URL right now.

Hope this helps,
Christoph Schneeberger
cschnee \at\ telemedia.ch