Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: WebSitePro/2.3.18 is revealing Webdirectories

From: webmaster () DOC2000 DE (Lark Lizerman)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 23:40:55 -0800

In case of an installed extension you have to call "GET /HTTP1.0 \", what
bypasses it.
My second posting according this describes how to bypass on the new version.
This bug should be cared as serious as the IIS bug because on NT platform
WebSitePro is _the_ optional Webserver to MS IIS

greets

Lark Lizerman
lizerman () doc2000 de

Every version of website (1.x, 2.x) I've ever seen behaves like this in
standard configuration. However you can avoid the revealing of
webdirectories
by installing either one of two freely available WSAPI extensions which
then
send out custom 404, 403 and 401 messages.

For more information see

http://software.oreilly.com/techsupport/kb/
website_kb_article_display_frame.cfm?ID_KBArticle=102
(url is wrapped!)

btw: there is a similar tool for coldfusion called infusion but I can't
find
the URL right now.

Hope this helps,
Christoph Schneeberger