Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Recovering Passwords in Visible Systems' Razor

From: shawn.a.clifford () LMCO COM (Clifford, Shawn A)
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 07:44:53 -0400

Sorry about replying to my own post, but correct work-around would be to
'chmod 700 rz_passwd', with the same caveat that the permissions will change
if a 'razor xxx' command is used that touches the password file.

-- Shawn

----|  SOLUTION

Visible said:  "Thank you for your suggested enhancement.  We
have placed
your enhancement suggestion in our program database for
consideration in
future Razor upgrades."

Huh??????

If you are a Razor user, I suggest you send them a persuasive email.

You may as well do a 'chmod 400' on the parent directory, but keep in
mind that the permissions will change the next time you run one of the
rz commands that touch the password file.