Bugtraq mailing list archives

Cisco Bug

From: esteve () CTV ES (Esteve Espuna)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 15:50:33 +0200

Hello,
I found what I think is an undocumented bug of at least the cisco 760
series, I tried to report it to cisco but they are always busy and english
is one of my weak points.
The bug: When you open about 98 connections to the port 23 of a Cisco 760
router it does a self reboot disconnecting it ,obviously, from the net, if
you keep opening connections it results on a denial of service, I don't
know if arbitrary code execution is possible at any point of the process.
I've also written an exploit in C++, it has been tested on Redhat 6.0 and
FreeBSD 4.0 and it works allright.

Thanks

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>