Bugtraq mailing list archives

"Microsoft to publish details of Kerberos Authorisation Data in Windows 2000"

From: gbayley () AUSMAC NET (Grant Bayley)
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 17:09:58 +1000

Hi all,

I hope this hasn't been mentioned already (I unsubscribed there for a few
days while I was on holiday) but I just came across the details of
Microsoft's use of the extra fields in Kerberos in Windows 2000:

        http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/kerberos/default.asp

The silly part is, and I hope someone from Microsoft is listening, but why
is this document distributed as a .exe file when the previous page says
"Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader"?  I mean, thanks for compressing the
document and all, but why should I firstly go and find a Windows machine
to run this document on to secondly read how you guys have deviated from
the standard in the first place?  It conveniently leaves to one side the
issue of the user having to trust an executable file in the first place...

Grant

Grant Bayley                         gbayley () ausmac net
-IT Manager @ Batey Kazoo            (www.kazoo.com.au)
-Admin @ AusMac Archive, Wiretapped.net, 2600 Australia
 www.ausmac.net   www.wiretapped.net   www.2600.org.au