Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: ISS Response to Fate Research Labs RealSecure Advisory

From: Loki <loki.loa () SUBDIMENSION COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 22:13:30 -0800

XForce--

I am completely at loss of words concerning your response and the actual
facts from the situation. We made 3 separate phone calls to your support
hotline to speak to a technician regarding this matter. After going
completely ignored, after being promised that we would be called back
regarding the matter and weren't, we warned of the creation of this
advisory. NO ONE in your technical support group knew anything about the
ability to detect Unicode and RDS. This advisory with incorrect information
is the fault of your support group and their lack of knowledge with your
product. We take no responsibility over this due to our multiple attempts at
finding out HOW to get RealSecure to log our RDS/Unicode attacks on the
remote network. Next time you post something like this, we suggest you
follow proper procedures to check your call center databases of any calls
regarding the matter. Don't insult me or this team by going as far as making
accusations that we did not follow proper procedures in open disclosure,
something we follow religiously.

If you even record the phone conversations of your technicians, you will
find that a technician even told me one could not write his own signature
for RDS and add it to RealSecure. We have been completely misrepresented in
your response, which I resent greatly. Our team wanted to resort to this due
to the fact that X-Press Update and an upgrade to 5.0 did not detect our RDS
attack on the remote network. We urge you to practice more care before
making the aforementioned accusations.

Loki
Founder F8 Research Labs