Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin (MS00-063)

From: Alexander Ivantchev <aivantchev () BIVWOOD COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:14:28 -0400

There's definitely something fishy going on regarding the "Invalid URL"
DoS patch described in MS Bulletin 063. I have absolutely no troubles
accessing the MS download servers themselves, only that... yes, the
patch is missing. My best guess is that, Microsoft did not test it
sufficiently, and installing the patch in question results in problems
(someone had already mentioned something like this). Hopefully they'll
resolve the situation quickly enough. If, however, someone has been
successful in downloading the patch, please be so kind to put it on HTTP
or FTP somewhere. Will be muy appreciated.