Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Login Failures under Solaris 2.7

From: Ram Kasturi <KasturiR () LOUISDREYFUS COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:56:17 -0500

We are able to get it work under Solaris 2.7 (after five login failures).
But I do not have specific information on bug fixing or corresponding
patch, if any.
Under Solaris 8, the minimum number of login failures before it gets logged
can be reduced to less than 5 by editing /etc/default/login file.
I am not sure if this is possible under Solaris 7.

RK

kasturir () louisdreyfus com

                    Ricardo Creisstoff
                    <ricardo.creisstoff        To:     BUGTRAQ () SECURITYFOCUS COM
                    @LMCO.COM>                 cc:
                    Sent by: Bugtraq           Subject:     Login Failures under Solaris 2.7
                    List
                    <BUGTRAQ@SECURITYFO
                    CUS.COM>

                    02/21/01 03:11 PM
                    Please respond to
                    Ricardo Creisstoff

There was a bug identified under Solaris 2.6 as follows:

"Solaris 2.6 does not write anything in /var/adm/loginlog even if
it does exist. This has been assigned bug ID 4096961."

I can't seem to get it to work for Solaris 2.7 either.  Has anyone
been able to confirm that this bug was fixed for Solaris 2.7.

Ricardo Creisstoff

Software Engineer
SAIC
E-mail:    ricardo.creisstoff () lmco com