Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: permission probs with Arkeia

From: "Bryan K. Watson" <bwatson () cyberdude com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:56:37 -0700

I have tested this and I can read the contents of all database files as
an unprivileged user in our ARKEIA servers.  So if I can get all
directory information from the ARKEIA backup trees, and I can get the
filenames from the database files, then I can launch specific exploits
to grab the files that I am interested in...dangerous, considering that
most cracking takes place from within the company according to published
stats.

-Bryan

Thomas Broniecki wrote:

I'm running commercial version arkeia-server v4.2.8-2, arkeia-client
v4.2.15-1 on RedHat 6.2 w/ kernel 2.2.19. NLSERVD is run by root and all my
permissions are 755 in the /usr/knox/arkeia/dbase directory. I have not
noticed a permissions issue with my backup server dbase file sets.

Check to see if NLSERVD is run by root. who is the owner and group of the
directory dbase/?

tb.