Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Windows ME file restoration

From: Erektus <erektus () pacbell net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 19:17:58 -0700

*YES*, In WindowsME you *CAN* disable the 'SYSTEM RESTORE' feature... Heres
how: Right click on "My Computer", click on "Properties", select the
"Performance" tab, then click on "File system", then select the
"Troubleshooting" tab, now click to place a CHECK on the "DISABLE SYSTEM
RESTORE" option! Whee! There you go.  I think the Windows2000 people were
confused thinking he was asking about file restoration, but he was asking
about the SYSTEM restore feature.  Hope this helps you out!

-Erektus-

An advisory for all windows ME users:

Windows ME restores critical system files from backups when they are
[...]
into windows ME, I'd appreciate a reply.  Thanks.

- -spirit of one.

--
Until I loved, life had no beauty;
I did not know I lived until I had loved. (Theodor Korner)