Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Windows ME file restoration

From: "Sata" <sata () infierno cl>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 23:56:30 -0400

I dont know if you are aware of this issue, but this behavior is also
present in Win2k server and professional... the files are kept in the
dllcache directory.
If you try to delete Outlook express from any of this systems, youll see
that the application file is restored within a couple of seconds. Anyway,
there is a procedure to delete this this application and any EXE or DLL file
within the directory.

Sata