Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: MacOSX 10.0.X Permissions uncorrectly set - I got it

From: patpro <patpro () patpro net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 00:27:41 +0200

le 4/07/01 23:29, Sandor W. Sklar à ssklar () stanford edu a écrit :

I think that the easiest way to determine which localizations have
this problem is to look at:

tar tvf
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Resources/LANGUAGE.lproj/use
r.gnutar

.... where LANGUAGE is each of the supported languages.  In the
English.lproj, one can see that the perms on the Desktop folder are
set correctly.  Unfortunately, on my system, I've gone through and
rm'd all of the non-English .lproj folders, so I cannot easily verify
where the problem might lie.

If the above is the problem though, then the simplest solution would
be to untar the unser.gnutar file, change the perms to what is
desired, and then retar the directory.

here is the probleme : Desktop is not defined in all of these frameworks :

bash-2.05$ ls -l user.template/
total 7
drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 14  2000 Documents
drwx------  13 patpro  wheel  512 Feb 21 03:56 Library
drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 15  2000 Movies
drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 15  2000 Music
drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 15  2000 Pictures
drwxr-xr-x   3 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 15  2000 Public
drwxr-xr-x   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 23  2000 Sites

For French, German, Italian and Spanish, Desktop is created at login time
with drwxrwxrwx permission.

For English, Dutch and Japanese user.template, the Desktop is inside the
tarball :

bash-2.05$ ls -l user.template/
total 8
drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Jan 31 00:17 Desktop
drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 14  2000 Documents
drwx------  15 patpro  wheel  512 Feb  3 01:40 Library
drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 15  2000 Movies
drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 15  2000 Music
drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 15  2000 Pictures
drwxr-xr-x   3 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 15  2000 Public
drwxr-xr-x   3 patpro  wheel  512 Feb 14 01:31 Sites

... with the right permissions.

the solution you provide is still good, just untar the user.gnutar
add the Desktop folder with drwx------ and tar.

patpro
--
"Real time is more like HTML"