Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: MacOSX 10.0.X Permissions uncorrectly set - I got it

From: "Sandor W. Sklar" <ssklar () stanford edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 14:29:41 -0700

I think that the easiest way to determine which localizations have this problem is to look at:

tar tvf /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Resources/LANGUAGE.lproj/user.gnutar

... where LANGUAGE is each of the supported languages. In the English.lproj, one can see that the perms on the Desktop folder are set correctly. Unfortunately, on my system, I've gone through and rm'd all of the non-English .lproj folders, so I cannot easily verify where the problem might lie.

If the above is the problem though, then the simplest solution would be to untar the unser.gnutar file, change the perms to what is desired, and then retar the directory.

-s-