Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [Full-Disclosure] Another Low Blow From Microsoft: MBSA Failure!

From: "morning_wood" <se_cur_ity () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:14:08 -0800

been applied. We have scanned with Retina, Foundstone and Qualys tools
which they all showed as "VULNERABLE", however when we scanned with Microsoft
Base Security Analyzer it showed as "NOT VULNERABLE". This was at first
confusing; one would think an assessment tool released by the original

did you try exploit code to verify? that should dispel any ambiguity
across scanner reports, it would be real easy to load your network
hosts into a batch file or shell script and see how many "roots" you get.

just a thought... eliminates alot of guesswork.. ( imo )

m.wood
http://exploitlabs.com