Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Mentors

From: ndesai01 () tampabay rr com
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:56:58 -0500

I am not looking for any 0-day stuff. I am just trying to learn. For some reason I am just not understanding buffer
overflows. I have a general concept of how they work. I have a lot of how-to's, IDA Pro, ollydbg, Visual Studio 6, but
I just can't make it work. I am doing more application layer stuff with LibWisker and would like to round out my skill
set. I was going to take Dave's class, but since it is not offered at Blackhat anymore I am waiting to see what other
classes he is going to be offering. One of the authors of the ShellCoder's Handbook is also going to be offering a
course on BO, SQL injection, etc.

I have been to the local 2600 meetings and they were more than lame. If anyone has any other suggestions on learning
please let me know. Thanks.

Neil
"Does anyone know of any people in the Tampa Bay area that would be willing
to share information. Thanks."

You just want some zero days, no??  :-D

Michael